I never used to like Bloody Marys until recently. I realized I could make them how ever I want, extra spicy with my favorite hot sauce, Franks Red Hot. This recipe may also be different from traditional ones because it is made with muddled cucumber as well as Cholula. Cholula is nice in the bloody because it is spicy but also savory, so it gives the drink some depth and body as well as flavor. I drink these any day of the week any time of the day. When made right they are perfect!
Franks Hot Sauce
1 1/2 Whole Lemons
1 1/2 Whole Limes
Spicy Low Sodium V8
Lemon Pepper (they sell a great type at Trader Joe’s)
Vodka of choice (I like Absolute or Absolute Peppar)
1. Muddle 4 slices of cucumber made into cubes with about 1 tbsp Franks in a pitcher/container
2. Add 1 tbsp horseradish and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire
3. Squeeze 1.5 lemons and 1.5 limes into mixture
4. Add the V8 (about 3 cups) and stir
5. Put in 8 cranks of lemon pepper (1/2 tsp)
6. Add 3 hits a cholula
7. Once made fill a glass with ice and add vodka until about half full, then add your Bloody Mary mix! Garnish with lemon/lime/cucumber spear/celery and enjoy!