I have never thought fish would be so easy! I got into the habit of going to the grocery store weekly to the seafood department and seeing which fish are on sale and buying them! I found this recipe to be extremely versatile with most fish, especially white fishes such as catfish, tilapia, trout, swai (basa), flounder, or even shrimp! Fish bakes so easily also and quick and is a great light meal, especially for the spring and summer months. Also, fish is a lean protein packed with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, which is great for bone health.
You won’t be sorry you tried this recipe! This preparation provides a healthier option compared to frying or breading the fish, and it is just as tasty and tender! All you need is cajun seasoning and this won’t be the first time you use it in your kitchen! It is a great spice that provides a little kick, with a red pepper taste. If you are sensitive to heat, only put a little bit of the spice on the fish. But either way, I strongly recommend making this tzatziki with the fish. It is the perfect cool, earthy balance to the spiced flavorful fish and calms down the heat as well! A must-try!
4 filets of fish of choice (deboned and descaled) -any white fish will work!
1/2 T cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1-2 lemons, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare an oven safe dish or baking sheet and grease.
3. Place filets on baking dish and sprinkle lightly with pepper and cajun seasoning on both sides of fish (put more seasoning if you like spicy, otherwise sprinkle only a little).
4. Place lemon slices on top of filets (I put about 3 per filet).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven. Fish will be done when fish flakes with a fork. Serve with tzatziki and enjoy!