These granola bars are extremely versatile because you can make it your own by adding your favorite nuts and dried fruit. You can also either make crumbled granola to use for yogurt or make them into bars!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or almonds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice (i like apricots or cherries)
Healthy tip: Replace the butter with half apple sauce and half canola oil to lower saturated fat!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Put the oats, seeds, nuts and wheat germ on a baking pan and put in the heated oven for 5 minutes and stir. Repeat this 2 more times.
- In a medium saucepan put in the honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt and heat over medium heat until the mixture is smooth.
- After step 2 is completed turn the oven down to 300 degrees. In a bowl combine the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- Put the completed mixture onto a 9 x 9 inch greased pan and press mixture down. Bake for 25-30 minutes (bake 30 minutes if you want it to be extra crunchy).
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting!