Kutchen is German for cake. This dessert traditionally has a bottom layer of cake with a top layer of fruit. This is a unique dessert that is easy, simple and so delicious. You can make this with peaches or with plums! The first time I made this was for my family, and we ended up eating the entire cake in one sitting!!
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 lbs peaches/plums-peeled and sliced
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/8 tsp cinnamon (just a sprinkle)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together cake ingredients with a blender.
3. Spread dough evenly in an 9 x 11 greased pan
4. Mix fruit with sugar, lemon juice, corn starch and cinnamon
5. Pour fruit mixture over dough layer in pan. If it is very liquidy then use a slotted spoon when putting mixture in the pan to allow for only some juice to get into the pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour in oven until fruit layer thickens, gels slightly and bubbles
Be sure not to eat the whole cake at once!